Vet BP Doppler is especially designed for a reliable and accurate blood pressure measurement on small animals, including on cats.
- 8 MHz probe with a large beam for a better flow detection
- High sensivity for a clear signal
- Probe adapted for positioning on the animals tail or paw
- Adjustable sound volume
- Compact dimensions
- Easy to clean
- Battery powered
- Easy handling
The Doppler set includes
- 1 Doppler
- 1 transversal linear probe 8 MHz
- 1 battery charger
- 1 sphygmomanometer
- 4 cuffs in different sizes
- 1 headset
- 1 tube for gel
Blood pressure measurement in veterinary medicine
At the beginnng of the disease, the symptoms of arterial hypertension in animals are difficult to detect. In many cases, the diagnosis is made too late.
Primarily older animals and particularly cats are affected by hypertension however there are also a lot of indications seen in dogs.
A periodic check should be performed on older animals
Blood analysis (detection of kidney insufficiency) and blood pressure measurement to detect hypertension. According to current studies, up to 30% of the cats suffering from chronic kidney insufficiency have systemic hypertension. Cerebral, ocular and severe renal problems… can be a consequence of arterial hypertension.
It is also useful to perfrom a blood pressure screening before or during an infusion:
The arterial pressure can be a suggestive indicator of an animal's condition before an infusion. The veterinarian can adjust the infusion according to the results.
Monitoring with the Doppler
The Doppler allows the flow detection in the artery. The probe can be affixed to the animal's paw or tail during an anesthesia or during intensive care. The veterinarian will hear a sound signal reflecting heart rate and pulse.
- Ultrasonic frequency: 8 MHZ
- Audio output: 200mW
- Frequency response: 300Hz - 6kHz
- Battery: 3 x 1.2V, 1500mAh
- Operating time: +/- 6 hours
- Charging time: 15 hours
- Dimensions: 175 x 80 x 25mm
- Weight incl. battery : 300 g
- Headset acoustic output: mini jack
- Pencil probe for exotic animal examination
- Transesophageal doppler probe: a cardiac monitoring solution for Doppler Vet BP for use on anesthetized animals